8 Whistler Tips to Maximize Fun on your Vacation
1. Keeping a weather eye on the snow forecasts and webcams helps to plan your ski day in order to make the most of your time in Whistler. Of course, to ensure winter sports safety, it is also important to be aware of the avalanche forecasts during a stay in the resort.
2. Beat the crowds – get up and out early! Do fresh tracks have your breakie on the top of mountain and get the first runs in. And since you’ve eaten breakfast early – go for lunch early too, heading in around 10:30 or 11:00 means you will get in and out without waiting in lines and standing while you eat!
3. Take a lesson – It never hurts to brush up on your tree skiing skills and if you’re looking for something really different you can ski with an Olympian.
4. Apres early – since you’ve been on the hill since before sunrise, you’ve put in a full day by 3 and you’re good to go put those feet up and enjoy one of the epic Whistler Apres spots. If you’re not sure where to go check out the list of locals top picks here.
5. Check out the Top 10 Whistler Family Tips video.
6. Squeege – Whistler can be a bit wet at times…and this means those goggles will fog up! Pick yourself up a mini squeege to take care of this and if you’ve decided that you’d rather check out the village on a soggy day, have a look at the 10 Wet Weather Activities you can do to keep the fun factor up!
7. Travel Light – you’re taking a family vacation and one of the family members just happens to be recently born! You’re not sure you want to go through the trouble to bring all the accompanying items…well you don’t have to! Baby’s on The Go is a local company that can provide all that for you. They will drop it off and pick it up all for a reasonable rate.
8. Find an Awesome Vacation Rental Home Deal – book directly with the owners here, find exactly what you are looking for, ski-in, ski-out, hot tub, everything you need right at your fingertips. Book, save, arrive, play!!